I came across this blog post, and since I’ll definitely be looking at these questions as I get ready to start working on my novella for class, I thought I would share.
The Main Character
1. Who is your main character? Hero? Anti-hero?
2. Why should we be interested in them?
3. What attracts you to your protagonist? Do you like them? Loathe them?
4. Why do you need to write about them?
5. Why should we be excited about them?
6. Why do you believe we will find your hero sympathetic? Empathetic?
7. What makes us curious about them? What is their “mystery”? What is their “magic”? Charisma? How do you show it?
8. What does the audience find in the main character’s story that is relevant to them? Why do you believe they will identify with them?
9. What is the cherished secret desire of your…
View original post 1,504 more words